Google Search :)

Google
 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Respect!

This is something that bothers me. Why is it that people can not respect other people? I mean really, how is it that some people can walk around everyday and for some reason believe that they know best, or what is right, or that what they do or say is ok to do or say? I have had just about all I will take from people and their lack of respect for me or my children. I try and try to just let it pass--chock it up to ignorance and just poor raising--but OMG, it is insane. I never claimed to be the nicest person ever or the most respectful, but I will never do something to anyone that is rude or disrespectful (at least not before they do). I have a very hard time getting it through my thick head that some people can just do as they wish with no consequence to how it will impact those around them. Maybe this is in some way my fault, maybe I draw disrespectful people to me somehow. I'm sorry. I know i'm talking in circles here, but I just can not wrap my head around this. Don't you expect people to treat you properly? Maybe thats my problem ---I expect to much from people I befriend. I'm just asking for a little common courtesy, please just do what you say your going to and mean it when you say it. I am tired of being lied to, ignored, pushed aside, and of course --Disrespected-- hence the name of this blog. I have strong memories of my Grandmother taking me aside and teaching me that whole " Do unto others as you would have done unto you" thing. I don't hurt anyone or stomp on their feelings, wishes, or dreams--So why do that to me? It frustrates me beyond belief and I just can't let it go. This is not negotiable for me- Respect me damn it! I deserve that! If not because I am a mother or a nice person or because I try to always do what I say--then do it because I am a person. I would respect you more for it. Be honest with yourself, wouldn't it be easier if you gave a little honesty and respect to everyone you met? After that, it is on them- If they lose your respect and don't deserve to be part of your life anymore then so be it!

No comments: